Monday, June 3, 2013

Chapter 73 - June 3, 2013

I finally got the package!!! hahaha. Waiting for packages has to be one of the most stressful things but once you get them it's probably one of the happiest things hahaha.  Thanks for the ties in it, and tell Tristan that they are awesome XD.  And thanks for the snacks, i have been craving some joe-joes lately.  So like you said, i am also exited for this next transfer to see how things go in poci, but i am very sad to be leaving Ririe.  I have grown to love everyone here so much and saying goodbye these last few days has been one of the hardest things ive done hahaha.  

Something cool though that the stake did for me is since i have been here for so long and because they are going to miss me here, the stake presidency asked me to speak in the priesthood session of stake conference and just bear my testimony and talk about the joy's of serving, so in other words i got to give a farewell talk for leaving Ririe :).  The entire time i was speaking i was holding back my tears and had to stop speaking for a few seconds to recollect myself because i kept getting choked up, but it was a great experience to get to bear my testimony to all the people i have grown to love.  But you are right, it's going to be good going to poci and becoming a district leader because it's going to keep me quite busy and i am going to have to be as focused as i can be or i am going to fall on my face.  Well, i would fall on my face more than i already am going to hahaha XD.  I will admit i am a little nervous to become a district leader because i hope i can be a good example to all those in my district and be able to help them bring success to their areas and be able to encourage them, but i am very grateful for this opportunity that the lord has given me because i know it's going to make me grow XD.  I am also a little nervous to have to run district meeting now, but i am already embracing the fact that my first district meeting will probably a little more on the suck side because i will have no clue what i'm doing hahaha XD.

That's so awesome that Haley is entering the mtc this week!  She is going to love it in japan and she will definitely have to eat some sushi for me XD.  Speaking of Sushi though, we went and did something awesome today for p-day.  So i have been hearing all about this sushi place in IF called Blue Hashi and so this p-day i figured that since i am leaving i was going to go get some sushi XD.  I ended up spending about $30 dollars on sushi hahaha but man it was so awesome to have some sushi again.  It wasn't as good as sushi in Cali but man it was still pretty darn good XD.  I got 2 rolls, one was called Surf N Turf and the other one was called SleepWalker.

Well, i guess it's time to tell you about this last week.  I guess ill start with today.  Like i said earlier, we went and got sushi for lunch, then after that we went and played some Frisbee Golf.  In a few hours i am going to go finish saying goodbye to a member family named the Calls here (they are super cool) and we are going to play some ping pong. (oh by the way steve, if you are reading this you might want to start practicing because i am going to destroy you at ping pong when i get home :P).  We also were able to teach one of our investigators that we have right now and she is so excited to eventually get baptized.  She reads so much between visits and is always excited to hear what we have to teach her next.  Unfortunately i won't be able to come up for this baptism, because i won't be within a half an hours drive of Ririe but i look forward to the day that i hear about her getting baptized.  Well, that's all that really happened this week.  I guess the next email you will get from me will be in my next area in Poci so until that day peace out! XD

With love,
Elder ---chis--->

No comments:

Post a Comment